9/20/2012

Fall Into Autumn Challenge! 4 - Cloudy Days

We haven't had a cloudy day in forever... at least it seems that way. I had a different idea for this mani but changed it last minute. I remember seeing a ruffle mani tutorial by Sarah at Chalkboard Nails. I decided to shorten the ruffles to only the tip to make it look like fluffy clouds.

So here is Butter London Dodgy Barnett. I had to have this polish for a few different reasons. I have to say I LOVE it!! I'm a push-over for holos. I am very excited that the holo shows up very well in my pics. That's not always the case. Maybe someday I'll get an expensive camera (DSLR).

Here are my cloud colors. From the left... Ulta Smoke Screen, Zoya Trixie, and Orly White Tips. I used my big dotting tool and made a line of dots and went from there :)

If my nails were longer, I would have made the ruffles more separated. I almost didn't do the silver (Trixie). After I did one nail, I was committed... good thing it worked out great.

 
Here is a super close-up of my thumb. Look at all that rainbow goodness. I can actually relate that to when it is misting and the sun is peeking through it. It does mist here in WA a lot.



Photobucket

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate every single one of them.