6/20/2012

The Summer Fun Challenge Day 1

I am excited to do this Summer Fun Challenge from Lindsey at neverlandnailblog.blogspot.com. This is my first and hopefully one of many :) 



I know doing a flame nail isn't too creative but I couldn't come up with anything super clever. For the fire, I was going a whole different direction. I thought it would be awesome to have the fire glow red in the dark... well the idea was great but it made the fire full of iridescent glitter. So I just kept messing with my design and this is the finished product.


So I started with a base of OPI My Private Jet (new formula)... I picked this color because it has a good charcoal color and least glittery one I have. I sponged OPI Funny Bunny for the smoke and added 365 Old Time Movie in between for a little ash effect. I applied China Glaze Orange Pacific along with China Glaze Naughty & Nice and Kleancolor Mango for my fire. 

Does it look like a fire with smoke? I almost drew a bbq but I knew if I kept messing with it, it would get ruined. 


Here it is matte.






Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate every single one of them.