6/13/2012

June Birchbox and June Glam Bag

So I am trying out a couple sample subscription services. This is my second Birchbox and first Glam Box. Both have their good and bad qualities. I love that they are only $10 a month... especially when full size products are packed inside!

BirchBox   
 

Here is my June Birchbox...

I love the Birchbox packaging. The box is nice for storing little things.

This is a sample of theBalm Stainiac in Beauty Queen. It is a lip and cheek stain. I placed a little bit on my hand and it is very light. If used on the cheeks, make sure to blend immediately because it does stain pretty quickly.

 
This is a full size product. It is a FAT Eye Stick by Eyeko London. The color is Old Gold which isn't labeled on the stick. It applies nicely but I have no idea about its staying power.

This is a little sample of Likewise face SPF 50 moisturizer. Smells just like any other sunblock.

WHY?????? They sent me a men's sample. Probably for father's day but my dad is not a cologne fan. I will probably toss it if I can't find a friend to give it to.

I am very interested in these. I love being tan... I think I look better with some color. These are Self-Tanning towelettes. According to the instructions, it provides a natural and uniform tan in 3 hours. We'll see! I will wait until I have a few days off to try this.

They sent a patterned ziplock bag. It is by Tili. It will get used for something. 

This link gives me referral points which I can use towards product on the site.  Once you sign up for your own Birchbox, you’ll get a referral code to share with friends and followers!
 _______________________________________

**************************************************************************
 _______________________________________

Here is my first Glam Bag for June...

This bag is ridiculous! It is really cheap feeling like from the dollar store. Good thing I'm looking forward to what is inside.

This is a sample of Philosophy Oil-Free Energizing Oxygen Gel Cream Moisturizer in Take A Deep Breath. To me, it doesn't have much of a scent but I have the sniffles so I could be wrong.

This is a full size NYX lipstick in Vitamin. It is a very pretty coral/orange color. Totally screams summer and orange is in right now so yay!

So this is a full size black Permanent Eyeliner Pen by Marbella. It has a duo-tip which confuses me a bit when I look at the picture. Be careful with this!!! It stains the skin right away. I have a blue line on my hand. I wonder how it compares to my Physicians Formula felt tip eyeliner.


This is a 2 oz sample of Living Proof Nourishing Styling cream. I haven't tried this yet but an excited to try it. Too bad I had already styled my hair when I grabbed the mail. Humidity struck it hard and is pretty frizzy right now. 



So which one was your favorite? I got more stuff in the Birchbox but got more full sized items in the Glam Bag. I can't decide. Are there better subscriptions than these?


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate every single one of them.