8/10/2012

Lazy Days of Summer 9 - Thirst Quencher!

I am finally getting closer to finishing this challenge. Three done this week. I still have a few more days to go. So since the theme is thirst quencher, I thought about what great drinks remind me of summer. I have to admit that when I saw this on the challenge, I cringed and was clueless as to what I would do. One day it hit me that lemonade would be great. I then looked at the fimo sticks I had just bought and pink lemonade was a sure thing.

 I had never used a fimo stick until this look. I had seen them used on other manis and was curious so I bought some. I practiced slicing them on a Yin Yang that I know I'll never wear. I still need more practice but I didn't cut more than I needed due to bad slicing.
So I used Zoya Cassi as the base for all but my ring finger. I applied 3 coats but probably didn't need to. The glitter polish on top hides it. I should have left the Pink lemonade glitter polish with a clear jelly base instead of yellow. I wasn't quite thinking it all of the way through. Next time right :)

My ring finger got 3 coats of China Glaze Happy Go Lucky. I also put a coat of Essie Kisses and Bises on top for a subtle pink shimmer.

The left polish is Essie Kisses and Bises and the right polish is a glitter polish I put together just for this look. It is a yellow jelly full of matte light pink hexes, white hexes, small pink hexes, and small yellow hexes.

I know this is a pink grapefruit but it seemed like it would be perfect for pink lemonade. It matched :)


Here is a close-up of my thumb. You can see the Pink Lemonade glitter polish I made. The white hexes didn't show up much.

Check out these other Thirsty manis...



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate every single one of them.