8/13/2012

Birthday Cake Star

Who doesn't like birthday cake and stars? I know I do! I wanted to use another polish I bought from Lush Lacquer. I really like their polishes.

 I chopped my nails yesterday if you didn't notice. I really prefer them short but they grow so fast. The only thing I think I would change with this mani is starting the stars off white a coat of white so the glitters from the Lush Lacquer Birthday Cake polish don't show through. It still looks cool.

This is Birthday Cake by Lush Lacquer. It is a creamy white base with a mixture of confetti glitter... pink, orange, gold , blue, green and purple iridescent small hex glitters and bar strips. There are also holographic silver hex glitters to make it sparkle.I applied 2 coats of Pure Ice Platinum and two coats of Birthday Cake. The second coat of birthday cake made it look more like a jelly sandwich.

These are the three colors I used for the star gradient. All three are Kleancolor polishes. From the left... Metallic Green, Shining Sea, and Metallic Yellow. To create the look, I used a technique I had seen on Chalkboard Nails using a star hole punch, blue painters tape, and a makeup sponge.

I think the stars really shine at certain angles. 


CLOSE-UP!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate every single one of them.