4/23/2012

How I met your caviar

This nail look is something new... I have never done a real gradient or caviar nail. As you can see, I attempted both and think I was very successful. I didn't even have to do any nail over. 


I started off with painting all my nails minus the ring finger with Wet n Wild How I Met Your Magenta. My ring finger was painted with Wet n Wild Buffy The Violet Slayer. I thought the violet color would be a cool background on the caviar nail.



So I used the method that I found on The Beauty Departments blog called the ombre nail. I used a new makeup sponge and put lines of color on it. I dabbed it on a piece of paper to get the colors blended. Then I dabbed it on each nail until I liked the gradient. The colors I used were all Wet n Wild. Here are the colors light to dark... How I Met Your Magenta, Fuchsiarama, Buffy The Violet Slayer, and Saved By The Blue.


Here are my nails pre-stamp and clean up. I think the gradient works well by itself but I wanted to stamp it to pull in the caviar nail better. I made sure to use a stamp that didn't hide the color.


This is the stamp I used. It is CH11 from my Cheeky set. I used my black Konad polish for the image.


Here is a close-up of my nails. I am not sure I did a good caviar nail but it still looks cool. It feels weird on my finger though... not sure how long I'll let it stay there. What do you think?


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate every single one of them.