I made something like this but I needed more space for headbands. I had a three foot empty roll and wrapped batting around it to get it bigger. I bought a remnant from Joann's and sewed it on. I put some ribbon through the roll and made it hangable. Now I just have to hang it up and put my headbands on it. Here are 8 easy steps to making one of these helpful holders.
- Get a large roll of paper towels. Test a headband on it to make sure it fits. If not, remove some of the paper towels until they fit properly.
- Get a fabric that coordinates well with your bedroom or bathroom. I went with a very thin taupe-y grey cotton voile fabric.
- Spray paint a ruler (or something flat that can stablize your paper towel roll) with a complimentary or matching color. I used flat white.
- Plug in your hot glue gun and get your scissors out!
- Cut a fabric square and leave an extra 6″ on each side of the roll. Hot glue the edge of the fabric to the paper towel roll as seen above.
- Wrap it all the way around the paper towel roll, overlapping by an inch or two. Cut and glue that edge into place. I folded my edge under before I glued it to make it cleaner.
- Once that’s secure, twist the excess fabric on the sides (like you would with a piece of candy) and tuck them into the paper towel roll hole.
- Put hot glue on your ruler or piece of wood and secure it to the base of the headband holder to prevent it from rolling.