4/18/2012

Ahoy! Chunky Holo Fuschia

I wanted to do a gradient glitter tip and thought the combo of China Glaze Ahoy! and Kleancolor Chunky Holo Fuchsia would be suddle and pretty. Boy was I right! The pictures don't do it much justice.

When I was going through my polish stash, I saw these two colors and thought it would work because the glitter in CG Ahoy! is quite small and the glitter is bigger in Kleancolor Chunky Holo Fuchsia. I liked the idea of the glitter getting bigger towards the tips. Next time I'll try colors that aren't quite so similar.
China Glaze Ahoy! is a raspberry pink with flecks of subtle gold and ruby sparkle.  In certain light, it looks almost red.

Here is a close-up of the CG Ahoy! color. You can see the gold and ruby glitters in it. The glitter is really fine so it was harder for me to take pics of. 
Kleancolor Chunky Holo Fuchsia is multichrome glitter in a fuchsia base. Some people think it is similar to "Unicorn Pee" or Clarins 230. I don't have the Clarins polish but I do have the Max Factor Fantasy Fire and I don't think the are exactly similar. The color switch is almost the same but the glitter is bigger in the Kleancolor polish.
I can tell the tips are a bit darker than the base of my nail. I think it fades nicely. Unfortunately it look reddish instead of the raspberry fuchsia color. It is my lighting. Ugh, summer needs to come soon so I can take pics when it is still light out!


I put the two pictures together so you can see the difference with the Chunky Holo Fuchsia added. What do you think?


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate every single one of them.