9/13/2013

NCC Techniques #2 - Sponged and Marbled

I decided to try something a little different. I wanted to try sponging with a water marble over it. I had seen other bloggers throw clear polish in a water marble to show off something underneath. What I pictured was a bit different but really like how it turned out. 


I started off with two coats of Zoya Purity. 

I used tweezers and torn pieces of a makeup sponge and sponged these colors in various places on my nail. The colors I used are Color Club Limelight, Orly Hottie, China Glaze Grape Pop, and Orly Blue Collar.

I used Zoya Raven, Zoya Purity, and some of my suspension base for the water marble. I gotta say the suspension base works great! I used the base so you get peeks of my sponged nail from underneath. I was trying a swirl effect but my skills aren't too great. 

This is a pic of my right hand. My cuticles are not so pretty on my right hand.




Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This is so prefect! I love the idea of seeing sponged polish through the WM, that is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate every single one of them.